Notice: Due to COVID-19, all winter and spring OutPass trips have been canceled. Sign up for our mailing list (below) to get notified when new trips are available.
about this trip
You’re transitioning to a new normal this year, whether it’s happened already or you’re still anticipating. The last year has been a wild ride for all of us, causing work to take a back seat as we checked in with ourselves and each other more frequently about how we’re doing managing as much of a normal life as we can amidst a global pandemic. If you felt anxiety, lack of interest in things you usually love, or felt burnout at work, this weekend is for you.
We’re traveling to a remote corner of Texas, in the Guadalupe Mountains towering above the floor of the Permian Basin where a coral reef larger than any that exist today thrived. The remnants of the wildlife that made up this fragile ecosystem can be seen fossilized along the canyon walls as we climb towards the highest point in Texas (8,749 ft.). We’ll spend 3 nights at a remote part of the park in a campground and then venture to the high country for a challenging one-night backpacking trip to cap off a weekend where you’ll have an opportunity to relax in nature and challenge yourself through daily hiking. The goal of this weekend is to help you better understand how to leverage your own energy for your strengths, your goals, and your mental health. You’ll learn how to use physical activity to better understand and work through stress and anxiety in your life, and you’ll create better habits for avoiding burnout in your life and work.
- Get focused feedback, a safe space for you to dream & explore
- Program facilitated by research leaders, avid outdoor adventurers, and passionate home cooks
- Zoom out to get clarity on your vision and zoom in taking your goals and channeling them into action. Big things are achieved in tiny steps!
- Experience unparalleled adventure through hiking, swimming and exploring one of America’s least visited National Parks
- Detox; our experiences are alcohol & substance-free spaces to relax
- Guided backpacking, group activites, and journaling throughout duration of the trip
- Meals are all inclusive; breakfast, lunch & dinner are included Friday, Jan 29 - Sunday, Jan 31. Lunch & dinner are included Thursday, Jan 28. Breakfast & snacks are included on Monday, Feb 1
- Travelers meet in Austin, TX. Transport is provided to Guadalupe Mountains
- Complimentary gear rental (please inquire when reserving your space)
- Early bird pricing is $1500 per person until Jan 1, 2020. Price is $1750 per person through Jan 15, 2021